[Xerte] Re: post-install without LDAP and nothing happens

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Mon May 14 09:44:28 BST 2012

On 14 May 2012, at 06:18, Alistair Campbell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed Xerte on a server (not using XAMMP). After a lot of fiddling I have installed it without the LDAP stuff. This was only after reading a whole of heap of other people's problems. There are some major problems with the way that you have written the non-XAMMP installation instructions and I would wonder if you need to automate the choice of LDAP versus non-LDAP. Doing it by hand is a pain. I finally decided to just use the demo.php and see whether it would work.

I am working on a change which might come into 1.8 where the setup installer thing would ask you what form of authentication you'd like to use - e.g. ldap / db table / static list etc.

I don't know if I'll get it finished in time though (considering I've not been able to work on it for at least a week now!).

David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Business Web Application Development and Training in PHP'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd