[Xerte] Re: Hyperlinks in Xerte 1.17

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 31 13:12:32 BST 2012

Look at jumpFile in the Xerte help:
_level0.jumpFile(url);
Jumps to another .rlo, so the engine stays instantiated and simply loads the new .rlo file.
As far as navigating to a specific page (and back I assume), maybe a Flash cookie or a file on the server?
<pseudo>write file on server as to .rlo & page you are leaving from + page in targetjumpon quit, read file and jump back.</pseudo>

You would have to have code at the top of every .rlo to check for server file.It would not be very seamless.

- Hyperlinks between Xerte Modules: I cannot find a way to link from one

Xerte learning object to specific pages in another Xerte learning object.

Is this possible? This point critical for me. For my current project, I am

facing an impasse: The material comprises around 150 nodes that are

organized into 8 chapters. My approach was to split the material and

create one Xerte module for each chapter. However, there are

cross-references between the chapters. So for instance module 1 links to

module 3, page 5. This kind of cross-referencing seems like a very valid

thing to have between different learning objects, but I do not know if and

how Xerte can handle this.

I don't know a way of doing this. However it should be possible to include a pageID value in the url. Whether there is any way that Xerte can access this? Maybe javascript in the index.htm page that sets a variable in the embed code for the swf, that it obtains from the url if it has been specified? Perhaps then a script on the projects entry frame could use it to look up the page and redirect the learner to the page with that pageID. This is all theoretical and not something I have tried out. Perhaps others with more experience in these matters might be able to suggest a better approach.
 own checks. Email communications with the