[Xerte] Re: YouTube

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Mar 21 09:40:33 GMT 2012

It's a youtube thing as far as I ca tell. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. By all means check you have the latest youtube related files from the svn, and check what happens in http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/toolkits/play_560 because that (generally) runs the latest template code.

I think youtube have introduced some sort of rights management preventing certain movies being embedded: a user here had a problem with a pop music video (serves him right!) which had some sort of rights management stuff going on, so that users could view it in youtube, but not if it was embedded elsewhere: this may or may not be a problem.

By September, the AS2 youtube player is going to disappear anyway, so we'll have to treat them as we do embedded content.