[Xerte] Re: importing models into xertes toolkit...

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 30 21:52:18 BST 2012

The easiest way to change the node names is to open the file in Flash
Develop and do a search and replace.

I usually create a new page by starting with an existing page type that
does something similar to what I want the new page to do.

This will be even easier in the next release of Xerte.

The next release of desktop Xerte will feature "pages" projects. These
allow you to have access to every page type that is available in page
templates projects (or XOT projects) but with full access to the page
structure and the xwd form.

You will be able to create  a page in a project using an existing page type
and then edit the xwd form for that page to change the xml attributes
available to the page. You then edit the page structure to consume those
new attributes and to present them how you want them presented to the end
user.

Once you have the page working you can save the model for the page.

Finally you load both the xwd and the new model for the page into Flash
develop and use search and replace to change the node names and you are
pretty much there with a brand new page.

You'll love it :-)

Kind regards

Johnathan