[Xerte] Re: XOT - can't import LOs

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 16:09:10 GMT 2012

What's the address of your XOT install? Is it something like moodle/xerte?
When you login to XOT do you see a xerte page or the same page that you
login to your Moodle?

If you see a XOT login screen then you aren't using the moodle patch. If you
see a moodle login screen then maybe you are using the moodle patch but
whoever installed your XOT should be able to confirm that for sure.

However I doubt your problems with importing is anything to do with the
moodle patch - especially if you're not even using the moodle patch! ;-)

The moodle patch is an alternative to logging in via ldap to XOT. In
previous versions of XOT this 'patch'  was a separate download but from 1.7
onwards it's part of the XOT download - there's a readme file inside the
zip. It just helps with authentication and doesn't change any other XOT code
especially import.

You've mentioned the sandpit and confirmed that your LO imports into that
but from where was the lo created/exported? Try this:

1. Create a simple LO on the sandpit. Publish it then export it as a normal
zip.

2. Check that the zip extracts ok locally

3. Import the zip back into the sandpit to confirm it imports ok to a XOT
install

4. Now try importing the same LO into your own install

If 1, 2 and 3 work fine but 4 doesn't then clearly there is a problem with
your install. Probably worth downloading the current zip from the Nottingham
website and copying over the existing install. Obviously backing up first
and protecting any customisation including moodle patch if in use.

HTH

Ron