[Xerte] Re: FW: exporting from sandpit and importing to our own XOT installation

Ray Tolley rjt at maximise-ict.co.uk
Thu Jan 19 12:25:46 GMT 2012

Alistair, thanks for reminding me.  I posted the following some time ago and
only got one blunt reply,

"Sirs,

I've been trying for several days to learn more of Xerte.  I have followed
the demos on your site and signed up to the list but so far have not had a
reply.

I want to explore the Xerte toolkit with the hope of developing materials
for mainstream education.

I was so impressed with the blurb about Xerte so have tried to install on a
local PC.  Everything appears to download and extract, but when I follow the
instruction as below:

"In a web browser, go to : http://localhost/xertetoolkits/setup/ and click
on the for XAMPP people button."

I get the error message, 'Page not found'.  Should I have configured
something for 'localhost'?  Will any such configuration disrupt the normal
functioning of my PC?

I am reasonably confident in html but do not know php etc.

Am I missing something obvious or is this tool not as easy as the blurb
suggests?

Regards,

Ray Tolley

Maximise ICT Ltd