[Xerte] Re: youtube movie dimensions

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Wed Jan 11 12:49:35 GMT 2012

Hmm... 1.5 toolkits PageTemplates has an xwd that doesn't allow the
setting of the size, but the new rlm should have worked regardless. As
far as I know youtube.swf doesn't need replacing.

'None of them has worked', what does that mean? They do not work at all,
or they are displayed too large??
In the first case, this is an entirely different problem not addressed
by this fix and needs investigating.

If they display too large, that should have been fixed. What happens if
you switch to full screen (using the magnifying glass icon)  and then back?

Op 11-1-2012 13:05, EKMEKCIOGLU Cuna schreef:
> Happy New Year to everyone!
>
> Here at Edinburgh we are still having problems with the YouTube movie dimensions. As per Julian's suggestion we have replaced youtube.rlm with the new one Julian sent and clear the cashe, tried to use iframe embed code but none of them has worked. Are we missing out something?
>
> Tom mentions in a pevious email that "this is (probably) caused by the fact that the default video size that youtube sends has been changed from 320x240 to something larger. SetSize is never called after initialisation, and Xerte assumes that the size should be 320x240. If you use one of the newer model where you can set the size, this works." In the version we are using there is no option to set the size. We have XOT version 1.5 installed on our server. Do you think installing the new version will sort this problem out?
>
> Many thanks
> Cuna
> _______________________
>
> Dr Cuna Ekmekcioglu