[Xerte] Re: Templates question

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 16:30:43 GMT 2012

my responses below...

-----Original Message-----
From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
[mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Oliver Haslam
Sent: 27 February 2012 16:08
To: Xerte discussion list
Subject: [Xerte] Templates question

Are there more (project? LO?) templates available? If so, where can I find
them?
Not really, not for XOT, not yet.

We currently have 4 templates in our XOT installation: 'Xerte Online
Toolkit', 'Media Interactions', 'Multiple Perspectives' and 'RSS Feed'. The
first template ('Xerte Online Toolkits') appears to include all of the page
types/templates that are found in the others.
Although some of the functionality from those separate project templates has
been merged into the main XOT template e.g. multiple perspectives they
haven't all been merged in and media interactions and RSS are different
project templates e.g. the RSS project template is for creating RSS feeds
rather than including RSS feeds that you will find in the main template. In
short these are the main 4 project templates and to maintain backwards
compatibility are likely to remain in place even if replicated in the main
XOT template.

If more templates aren't available anywhere, what is the reason for having
the four we currently have when we could just have the one ('Xerte Online
Toolkit') that includes all the different page types?

Can anyone explain or point me to where I can find out more?

Apologies if this is a rather basic question (I'm still fairly new to Xerte)
but I can't seem to find an answer in the archives.
Thanks in advance

Oli

Oliver Haslam
Course Developer (Technologist)
Applied Sciences & Allied Health Professions

Technology Enhanced Learning
University of the West of England