[Xerte] Re: problem with XOT installation

Highfield, Michael M.C.Highfield at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Feb 27 11:08:47 GMT 2012

We are about to purchase a server to host our own instance of XERTE.  However, we have a query with regard to video components that are embedded within a XERTE SCORM package.  We want to avoid our academic staff zipping up big videos and then loading them into our Moodle based VLE, so we'd prefer to keep the video content on the XERTE server which will be linked to a streaming video server.  Effectively, when a user exports a package from our XERTE server, they will be exporting a link to the streaming sever even though the user will think they've loaded it into their XERTE package.  Does this make sense?

We are currently finalising hardware and support purchases and this query is pivotal to our strategy.  I'd greatly appreciate your views.

Kind regards

Mike Highfield
Team Leader:  University of Exeter Online Learning
Academic Services (Education Enhancement)
Room 710, Laver Building
North Park Road
Streatham Campus
Exeter University