[Xerte] Standalone Install Problems

Stephanie Carey Stephanie.Carey at portsmouthtrojans.net
Fri Feb 24 02:17:20 GMT 2012

I am an elementary teacher with NO server experience. I've been using the desktop version on Xerte (which I love!) and sending it to my Tech Coordinator to load onto the server for the students to access. I've heard that the Online Toolkits in a little more intuitive, but have been unable to install using Xampp.  When I try to go to <localhost/xertetoolkits/setup> I get an error message in my browser.  Note that I am attempting to install on a standalone laptop, not a server. I've seen in the archives that others have had this issue but I've not found a resolution that works for me.  I am unable to open .config files, so if I need to change something, I'll need help with how to open that, as well!

Thanks in advance!

Stephanie J. Carey
  Technology Teacher
 Portsmouth Elementary School