[Xerte] Re: uploading zip error in XOT

Thomas Rochford thomas.rochford at cambridge-serendipity.com
Wed Feb 8 16:17:33 GMT 2012

Hi Dave,

In case you haven't cracked this already, here is one possible cause.

I have a similar problem with an LO which I have difficulty in importing and
normally have to do this manually. However I've been able to devote some
time to this today and have found a likely cause and that is that the zip
file has broken links in it. I used 7-Zip to unzip it and got 34 errors as
shown in the attached image. Interestingly that meant that trying to open
the 'template.xml' in IE just produced a blank window whereas normally this
would display the XML code. I then tried opening it in firefox (which is a
very good XML checker/debugger) and got the following error message:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location:
file:///C:/Users/Thomas/Desktop/Accessibility-2/template.xml

Line Number 21, Column 115:
<li>Use graphics to enhance the text</li>" align="left"
mapurl="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=cb3+9ln&
sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=56.637293,60.556641&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Cambridges
hire+CB3+0,+United+Kingdom&ll=52.199493,0.095245&spn=0.001151,0.00228&t=h&z=
18&iwloc=A" maptype="satellite" tooltip="Click on the map to go interactive"
link="true" />

To save you counting, Column 115 is the '=' sign in '' source=s_q"

There may be other problems and that just happens to be the first one
spotted. I don't know enough about XML to spot an error of this nature and
have attached the file in case there's someone out there who can spot why
this generates a parsing error, we might then be able to find out how it had
crept in.

I haven't got a solution just yet other than to rebuild the Learning object
from scratch and then to re-export it.

Kindest regards, Thomas