[Xerte] Re: Upgrading XOT to 1.7 versus a clean install

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Feb 6 10:33:41 GMT 2012

You can:

Keep the folders from the old install
Make new learning objects in the new install,
Copy the data.xml and media folders from the old LOs over the top of the new LOs you just created
Update the URLs in moodle.

60 isn't too many, but enough for an hour's work or so. If you've got the two ftp windows open, it's not so bad. I do this quite a bit when I want to move stuff from one owner to another.

Pat might have some better automagic way.

There aren't any database changes planned, so in the future it should be an 'over the top' update.

A lot of the issues Dave Goodwin noted were fixed.