[Xerte] Re: Xerte Online Toolkit v1.9 - LDAP settings for a Novell network

David Perry DPerry at hull-college.ac.uk
Wed Dec 19 16:55:51 GMT 2012

Ron

We were using our moodle ldap settings as a reference and that still didn't help.

When Steve gets in tomorrow, he's going to try a clean install on our moodle server (previously XOT has been on a separate one) which is an approach our line manager likes the sound of.

Dev team - The ldap documentation definitely needs work, ideally some real world examples (with passwords and actual usernames changed obviously).
And searching subcontexts is critical for us (and anywhere that has a large AD/eDirectory tree that has to be organised by department and user type due to complex network security on folders etc).

Dave

David Perry
eLearning Technologist, eLearning Team (L34 - Library)
Hull College Group
Wilberforce Drive, Queen's Gardens, Hull
HU1 3DG
Extension 2230 / Direct Dial 01482 381930

* * * Think about the environment - Do you really need to print this email?>>> "Ron Mitchell" <ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk> 19/12/2012 16:41 >>>
Dave
to be honest these were just notes I made when installing on a college
server a while back. But a few thoughts/comments...

Yes I think curly brackets could be used previously but I'm not sure if that
has changed now that the settings are stored in a separate ldap table

I don't know what knownname is for either. That column in the database is
set to not allow nulls but I couldn't find where it is used. It didn't exist
in the sitedetails table where ldap details were stored previously.

The ldap code is now inside \library\Xerte\Authentication\Ldap.php so you
might find some pointers there but I would try different settings via
management.php before messing with that.

If you have your moodle working with ldap the settings you use there should
map directly to the xot ldap table. Alternatively you could always use
moodle for authentication? That's detailed in the readme in the root of the
zip.

Perhaps Pat or David from the dev team might comment further.

HTH
Ron