[Xerte] Re: Decision icon repeat

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 3 14:05:23 GMT 2012

Further to my earlier post the Branch property will also affect what
happens.

The help file reads

A setting of *'sequence', 'randomUnused', 'randomAny', or 'calculate'. *

*'sequence' *loops through the children of the decision icon in order.

*'randomUnused' *loops through the children in a random order, until all
the paths are used, or until the repeat property is satisfied.

*'randomAny'* loops through the children until the repeat property is
satisfied, and may visit the same child more than once.

'*calculate*' allows you to route the flow into a particular page of the
decision icon using the path property, which is zero based - to flow into
the third page, set branch to calculate, and the path property to 2.

The following models use the decision icon and may give further insight
into its use.
annotatedDiagram.rlm
bullets.rlm
buttonSequence.rlm
categories.rlm
columnPage.rlm
connectorMenu.rlm
customHotspots.rlm
dialog.rlm
dragDropLabel.rlm
inventory.rlm
links.rlm
list.rlm
memory.rlm
menu.rlm
perspectives.rlm
quiz.rlm
table.rlm
text.rlm
textMatch.rlm
thumbnailViewer.rlm
timeline.rlm
transcriptReader.rlm

The only one that does not set repeat-"all" in the model code is text.rlm
which has repeat="1" and branch="calculate"

I don't know if this will help you to resolve your issue.

Hope it does :-)

Johnathan