[Xerte] Re: XOT "Upload a new Template" button not working

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 29 10:41:38 BST 2012

When creating a new page template you need to give your files a new name,
unless you intend to replace the existing page type. Also you need to
ensure that your object names in the xwd file are unique (not used by other
pages ) and that your model file has been edited to use these object names.
The top level object name and file name should be the same.

For example the objects in the slideshow page, as shown in data.xwd are
"slideshow" and "nestedPage"

So your new page might use instead "slideshow_jc" and "nestedPage_jc" and
references to "slideshow" and "nestedPage" in your .rlm file would need
changing accordingly. You can do this with a search and replace using
FlashDevelop.

Your new model file would be called slideshow_jc.rlm

Kind regards

Johnathan