[Xerte] Problem creating SORM/IMS packages

Raymond Moir rjm18 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Aug 15 17:13:55 BST 2012

I have a colleague who is creating SCORM/IMS packages using Xerte from the "USB memory stick" method.

I use the desktop version myself, but she is having problems exporting packages as the system reports "fatal errors".

Having googled some solutions and it appears that since the content is greater that 100MB (compressed video files and images) , this may cause problems - advice about regarding changing the "memory" limits in various php files has not worked.

Can anyone offer any solutions or advice?

Alternatively, is there a way to export the "content" from the "USB memory stick" method into a set of file it can be read by the Xerte (desktop) tool , so that I can try exporting the SCORM/IMS package this way?

Many thanks

Raymond

Raymond Moir (FHEA, BSc, PGDSE)
Learning Technology Consultant
CAPOD (Centre for Academic, Professional and Organisational Development)
University of St Andrews
Hebdomadar's Block
75 North Street
St Andrews
KY16 9AJ

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No SC013532