[Xerte] Re: Desktop Xerte 2.17 -- having trouble reading data from external script

Paul Swanson Paul.Swanson at harlandfs.com
Thu Aug 9 20:26:53 BST 2012

Just wanted to provide an update on this. After re-writing my Xerte piece, it is all working on localhost, and I have no reason to believe it won't work on my live server. I don't know what the problem was, but I made no changes to the code that received and parsed the response from the server. I didn't change much, the biggest change was using the native text entry response instead of a V2 component, but the problem wasn't with getting the text from the user (I use the email address to log in), it was the response from the server that wasn't recognized.

It must be because there is a blue moon this month.  ;o)

Paul Swanson
Internal Business Systems Analyst
Internal Business Intelligence
Harland Financial Solutions