[Xerte] Re: database.php

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Sun Apr 29 18:59:56 BST 2012

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
[mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of David Goodwin
Sent: 29 April 2012 18:42
To: Xerte discussion list
Subject: [Xerte] Re: database.php

On 29 Apr 2012, at 18:25, Ron Mitchell wrote:

Hi David

I just tested your svn updates locally with a clean install and everything
installed without problem. Good to have the prompt about php 5+ version in
the installer. Although I can see that requirement being a problem in some
educational organisations but as you say the potential risks with still
using PHP 4 arguably means that's a good thing!

There are about to be some more commits.

I'm removing switch.txt / whatever. and writing authentication adaptors so
you can easily choose LDAP / database / static. It will probably need some
polishing, but it seems to work (locally) for me using static / LDAP at
least.

You / whoever will need to edit config.php to choose authentication adaptor.
It'll be commented at the bottom.

I'm not quite sure how to Moodle yet - but I'd like to include it somehow. I
dislike the duplication of index.php / switch.txt and so on.

--The code/changes required for moodle integration in 1.8 are much less than
previous versions. I can test once you've made your changes to index.php.

I can see the language changer at the top of the page but I take it that
isn't going to change anything until the languages are in place?

Err.. you can select 'Nonsense' and see the front page change to rubbish.

--yes spotted that and can see how it will work. I guess we need Tom to
provide the NL files for a proper test.

Did you see the notes in the googledoc about export not working correctly
because it's not including the languages folder in the zip? Is that
something you're able to resolve?

Probably. Which row is it?

--21, 22, 23

Also Julian had asked: Can we put the focus in the login field when you hit
the welcome page?

Yes.

It's a good thing it's raining and miserable outside today..

--yep but I bet it's not in all the XOT user countries!

David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)

'Business Web Application Development and Training in PHP'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk

Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and
may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in
error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it. Please do not
use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any
attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do
not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.