[Xerte] Re: database.php

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Sun Apr 29 18:41:32 BST 2012

On 29 Apr 2012, at 18:25, Ron Mitchell wrote:

> Hi David

> I just tested your svn updates locally with a clean install and everything installed without problem. Good to have the prompt about php 5+ version in the installer. Although I can see that requirement being a problem in some educational organisations but as you say the potential risks with still using PHP 4 arguably means that's a good thing!

There are about to be some more commits.

I'm removing switch.txt / whatever… and writing authentication adaptors so you can easily choose LDAP / database / static. It will probably need some polishing, but it seems to work (locally) for me using static / LDAP at least.

You / whoever will need to edit config.php to choose authentication adaptor. It'll be commented at the bottom.

I'm not quite sure how to Moodle yet - but I'd like to include it somehow… I dislike the duplication of index.php / switch.txt and so on.

> I can see the language changer at the top of the page but I take it that isn't going to change anything until the languages are in place?

Err.. you can select 'Nonsense' and see the front page change to rubbish.

> Did you see the notes in the googledoc about export not working correctly because it's not including the languages folder in the zip? Is that something you're able to resolve?

Probably. Which row is it?

> Also Julian had asked: Can we put the focus in the login field when you hit the welcome page?

Yes.

It's a good thing it's raining and miserable outside today….

David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Business Web Application Development and Training in PHP'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd