[Xerte] Re: MySQL plugin FEDERATED is disabled

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Sat Apr 28 00:13:44 BST 2012

On 28 Apr 2012, at 00:06, KnowledgeWare wrote:

> Thanks David and Paul…still looking here. (Don’t have Apache)

Oh - so you're using IIS and MySQL?

(There's nothing wrong with that - but if you're using IIS, I think I'd expect all the errors to show up in one of the Windows event logs - but it may depend on PHP's settings.).

If you're still stumbling around and not making much progress I suspect one of us could find a minute or two to poke the server remotely using e.g. remote desktop at some point over the weekend.

I'd suggest you do a search on your computer for files named 'php.ini'.

When you find it/them, edit them to ensure the 'display_errors' setting is set to 'all' --

e.g.

display_errors = On

If you change a php.ini parameter you'll need to restart the web server.

When you render whichever web page it is which causes trouble, try viewing the source code of the page if no error message is immediately visible. Sometimes PHP outputs it's error message to the browser, but it's just not visible to you (the end user) until you view the source code.

thanks,

David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Business Web Application Development and Training in PHP'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd