[Xerte] Re: MySQL plugin FEDERATED is disabled

Paul Swanson Paul.Swanson at harlandfs.com
Fri Apr 27 21:58:09 BST 2012

You won't find logs specific to phpMyAdmin, but there may be one for PHP
(phpMyAdmin is a PHP program). If you have a print out of your PHP
Information, you can find the location of the log file there. If you
don't, you can create a script that will display this information, which
I recommend you then print and keep somewhere. All you need for the
script is the following:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Call it 'phpinfo.php'. Upload this somewhere on your webserver
(preferably NOT the document root folder, commonly called htdocs). If
you create a folder off htdocs named "info" use the following address to
run the file: http://yourDomainName/info/phpinfo.php. When it runs, look
for the error_log entry in the Core section. It will tell you the path
to the file. Download the file and open it in any text editor. It will
only have the details of your error if log_errors is On. It's usually On
by default.

You should delete the phpinfo.php file when you are done. It reveals a
lot of information about your PHP installation that is best to keep to
yourself.

Paul