[Xerte] Re: MySQL plugin FEDERATED is disabled

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 19:38:23 BST 2012

On 27 Apr 2012, at 19:07, KnowledgeWare wrote:

> I’m unable to access the toolkits 1.5 management interface on a Windows 2008 R2 server today – just get a blank screen where I would normally get the list of courses, create a new course, etc. My suspicion is the MySQL connection is broken.
>
> In the Windows event log I have a MySQL error: Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.  The MySQL service is running, however.
>
> I’m not a MySQL person and not sure how to deal with this. Some googling indicates a firewall exception is needed after a Windows update, I’m looking into that.
>
> Has anyone else run into this?

I think the message about the federated plugin being disabled is a red herring - you would be using either InnoDB or MyISAM - which are different.

Are you able to connect to the database locally using any of the MySQL management tools you get ?

(Were you on linux, I'd say run 'mysql -u root -pblahblahblah database_name ' to test a connection).

thanks
David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Business Web Application Development and Training in PHP'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd