[Xerte] MySQL plugin FEDERATED is disabled

KnowledgeWare knowledgeware at kccsoft.com
Fri Apr 27 19:07:09 BST 2012

I'm unable to access the toolkits 1.5 management interface on a Windows 2008
R2 server today - just get a blank screen where I would normally get the
list of courses, create a new course, etc. My suspicion is the MySQL
connection is broken.

In the Windows event log I have a MySQL error: Plugin 'FEDERATED' is
disabled.  The MySQL service is running, however.

I'm not a MySQL person and not sure how to deal with this. Some googling
indicates a firewall exception is needed after a Windows update, I'm looking
into that.

Has anyone else run into this?

RonM2  :- (