[Xerte] Question about screen size

John Bijnens johnbijnens1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 09:54:15 BST 2012

Hi all,

I have a question about Xerte that is hopefully not too stupid.
One of the features that I find very useful in Xerte amongst numerous other things is the fact that the user can change the screen size.
He can pick the options "default", "large", "larger", "full screen", "fill window" from a pull-down menu "Screen Size".
Whenever I create something within Xerte Toolkit and I use the preview option these options work fine.
However when I do an export of the project to a zip-file in order to use it as an independent website, the options "full screen" and "fill window" do nothing
anymore. The options "large" and "larger" do a zoom in as expected, but I can't go back to the original scale anymore and I'm not able to drag/pan the window
contents within the browser window.
I have this behavior with an installation of Xerte Toolkit on Ubuntu Server and with an installation on a Windows system with XAMPP.
The behavior is the same in InternetExplorer 8 and in FireFox 11.
As the examples available on the website of the University of Nottingham work fine in both browsers I'm guessing I have something done wrong.

Can anyone point me into the right direction to solve this ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

     John Bijnens