[Xerte] Re: MYSQL access denied error

James Burns JBurns at KirkleesCollege.ac.uk
Thu Apr 5 11:04:01 BST 2012

Hi,

Do you mean use "localhost" as the "bind-address in "my.cnf"?

If I do this, I get 111 errors when trying to access through a browser on remote workstation (we need to be able to access mysql from remote PCs). I am using "bind-address" "0.0.0.0" which seems to get me as far as the original error mentioned.

If I login to mysql at the command line locally, then type this :-

"use mysql;"
"select user, host, super_priv from user;"

I get this response :-

+------------------+----------------+------------+-----------------------
| user                                    | host                                    | super_priv |
+------------------+----------------+------------+-----------------------
| root                                    | localhost                          | Y          |
| debian-sys-maint         | localhost                          | Y          |
| pma                                    | localhost                          | N          |
| root                                    | %                                         | Y          |
| www-data                       | %                                         | N          |
| pma                                    | 192.168.240.98               | N          |

Can you see an issue here? (I am using "root" at this point for xerte "proxy" mysql account - have tried changing it to another user with no success as far)
The file system permissions on the "xerte" directory under Apache root are all flagged 777 for global access.

Regards

This email and any attachments are confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer. You are not authorised to, and must not, read, copy, distribute, use or retain this message or any part of it. Kirklees College cannot accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of Kirklees College or one of its agents.
KIRKLEES COLLEGE - YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR FOCUS
See our website! http://www.kirkleescollege.ac.uk

Please consider the environment. Don't print this e-mail unless necessary.