[Xerte] Can I use methods to modify an image inserted using rootIcon.loadIcon( )? Xerte Desktop 2.17

Paul Swanson Paul.Swanson at harlandfs.com
Wed Apr 4 17:41:22 BST 2012

I've loaded a small graphic using rootIcon.loadIcon(), but it sits a bit
too high and too far to the right. Can I use the move() method to change
its position and add a drop shadow with dropShadow()? Is there an
internal reference to this object? I've tried creating my own by both:

customLogo = rootIcon.loadIcon(FileLocation + 'media/myLogo.png');

and:

rootIcon.loadIcon(FileLocation + 'media/myLogo.png').id = "customLogo";

followed by:

customLogo.move(10,10);
customLogo.dropShadow(4, 135, 0x000000, 80);

The logo appears, but its position is unchanged and no drop shadow has
been applied. Do I have to modify the graphic in an image processing
program? No big deal, but easier to just move it around in Xerte since I
can see it in relation to the interface (using the default interface).

Paul Swanson
Internal Business Systems Analyst
Internal Business Intelligence
Harland Financial Solutions