[Xerte] Re: Reading POST parameters from web page in RLO

KnowledgeWare knowledgeware at kccsoft.com
Wed Apr 4 00:22:56 BST 2012

FROM DAVE:

Launch index.htm with your parameters:

www.server.com/dir/index.htm?courseid=224
<http://www.server.com/dir/index.htm?courseid=224&sname=fred> &sname=fred

add a javascript function to rloObject.js to get the querystring values:

function getdata() {

//code to get value pairs from URL querystring

//and return them

}

THANKS, LOOKS GOOD UP TO HERE BUT THIS CONCERNS ME:

Call from within your Xerte piece:

mydata = getURL('javascript:getdata("");', '');

My xerte helpfile is blank on the getURL page, do I have to point it to the
rloObject.js file as the URL? As in:

mydata = getURL('javascript:getdata("rloObject.js");', '');

Or is getURL able to grab values passed to and 'within' (but how?) the xerte
file?

I may be missing the whole point here, but the problem I see is, let's say,
25 students starting a course at once. If I'm launching via index.html and
it's passing values for each specific student to rloObject.js then calling
the swf/rlo, and the rlo is looking back at rolOjbect.js for values, I'm
going to get a mish-mash of 25 student values, am I not? I need to pass each
instance of the RLO a student's specific coursemarkID / LoginID /
CompanyCourseID etc. I can't have any possibility of them getting mixed up.

RonM2