[Xerte] Re: Hyperlinks in Xerte 1.17

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 2 10:43:18 BST 2012

With respect to the connector pages

   1. The connector pages when working in the desktop i.e. not XOT or a
   pageTemplates project, have access to the list of pages in the project -
   this does not include pages embedded in a framework, the framework page is
   seen as a single page effectively the first page of the framework. It is
   possible to use a connector page to take the user to a page that uses a
   framework but they will be taken to the first page of the framework. Also a
   connector page can be used inside a framework, but not to navigate inside
   the framework. So for example the third page of a framework could be a
   connector page that took the learner to a new destination page outside of
   the framework.
   2. Now that the menu connector has been modified to accept a list of
   page IDs it will be possible to provide at the start of the project ( but
   not as the first page in a desktop project, as the list of pages is not
   built by xerte until after the first page has loaded ) a menu that lists
   just the first page of each chapter or section in a project. If you want to
   then each first page in a chapter could then be a menu of the pages in that
   chapter. By ending your chapter with a redirector connector page you could
   then take the user back to the start menu that listed all the chapter /
   section start pages. If I have understood your requirements correctly this
   would give you close to what you want.
   3. At present the menu connector page does not support the listing of
   multi tier menus or any additional graphic elements such as an optional
   image.

Kind regards

Johnathan