[Xerte] File upload limit (lack of) error message?

Simon Wood WoodSN2 at cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Sep 26 10:51:31 BST 2011

Hi all,

Someone working on our Xerte install had a problem creating a slide with an FLV (they were just getting a blank page). I have checked and the video was not uploaded to the server. The file size was 13mb and I believe the the max_post_size set in our php.ini is 8M so I think I understand why this was. But he (and I, replicating the issue with a range of 8mb+ videos) get no error message when uploading the video so authors will be unaware that their slide will not display, or why. Is there a setting in Xerte, that I have missed, where I need to tell it this file size limit so an error message is displayed at the appropriate time?

Thanks,
Simon

- -
Simon Wood
Officer for Technology Enhanced Education

Learning and Teaching Support
Cardiff University Registry
30-36 Newport Road
Cardiff CF24 0DE