[Xerte] Re: SWF not Functioning in Xerte - rlo attached

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Sep 26 09:41:59 BST 2011

I tend to always use MCs as buttons. Use on(release).

You’d do better by organising all your code in the first frame of the movie. Give your MCs instance names, and then you can put all your code in the same place. You can also attach items from the lbrary here, and then set up event handlers, set properties, etc.

myInstanceName.onRelease = function(){…blah…}

myOtherInstanceName.onRelease = function(){…blah…}

etc. It makes it a lot easier to find your way around.

Use lockroot to make those components work properly when loaded into xerte. There’s a components example in [xerte]\templates\components