[Xerte] Re: Embedding Chinese fonts

Chris Dunkley Chris.Dunkley at eworks.edu.au
Wed Sep 21 00:24:51 BST 2011

Hi again,

Thanks for the help Julian and Pat.

Sorry if I was unclear in my first e-mail. I understand the process for embedding fonts in a resources.swf file. I've been doing this for the English version but once I attempt to embed fonts that display Chinese characters (for example, Simsun) it comes up blank once embedFonts is set to 1.

Unless your implication was that I should use an external program like Adobe Flash to create a resources.swf file with the fonts I require embedded in it?

I had a look at the Xertan group on Google. Does this mean that Xerte is currently incapable of displaying embedded Chinese fonts?

Thanks again,
Chris