[Xerte] SCORM export -- Maybe some faults in XOT and moodlepatch

timwee at sina.com timwee at sina.com
Sat Oct 22 05:09:15 BST 2011

Hi from China.
I've integrated XOT in my moodle installation using xerte_1.0.2_moodlepatch , it worked well except when i exported my project. The exporting ZIP file encountered an 'Invalid zip format' error and i found the fault caused by strlen function.
In archive.php, zip work, then when heading the zip file to user's browser, it uses strlen to determine the file size. But strlen can't get the accurate length of a biary string, because it'll stop counting when it go through a null byte and return a wrong value. I changed the export option to 'inmemory' => 0 ( in export.php) and redirect the broswer to download the zipped file, then every thing's OK.
Another fault i found was in moodlepatch, export.php dosen't copy the languages directory, so when imported in moodle, the hint words can not display.
Hope the mail's helpful.