[Xerte] Error: The model data has failed to load

REES C.A. C.A.Rees at swansea.ac.uk
Fri Oct 21 10:41:28 BST 2011

Hi there,

I am an Online Learning Technologist based at Swansea University.

I wonder if you can help me with an error I keep getting with Xerte 2.17
since I have changed computers.

When trying to add a page wizard I go through the procedure i.e.

Select the Interface icon > Select "Templates" > then select the
required wizard > Create a New folder within the "pages" folder > Select
OK > Then "Open Wizard"

I then get this error message:

"Error: The model data has failed to load"

I wonder if this a problem other people have had and whether anyone
knows what I can do to fix the issue.  I am running Windows 7.  My
colleague is running exactly same operating system and machine but has
no problems.  I have tried uninstalling and re-installing but to no
success.

I would be very grateful for any advice.

Cheers