[Xerte] Re: Can't get export to work

Henk Klopping henk at fortean.org
Wed Oct 19 20:58:49 BST 2011

Julian Tenney wrote:
 > Download the latest zip, it should be OK.

I just finished the dowload once more, dropped my database again,
unpacked the zip and performed the install again.

We're back where we were again: yes, this is the same version I
initially downloaded (and so, probably is the stable version, FYI the
MD5sum of it is: 10e28d070124b54676600e6ce2b94239

And alas, the initial problem is still there too.

When I publish a simple Media LO by creating one and clicking the
[publish] button and then close the window, I get 2 popups, one that
asks for a confirmation, the other seems to give a warning, but neither
has any text in them. I then have to force-reload the page to access the
project again, after that I can make the LO public and create the export.

When I unpack the exported materials, and point my browers at that
location, I have to click the index.htm file (because I'm on Linux it
does not automagically recognise 8.3 conventions). But after that, it
loads - just barely long enough to show me the blue bar after which it
hangs forever..

For completeness sake, I include the LO that was generated.

Suuuomikkie vinnouuven,
--
    Henk Kloepping                         Voice  : +31 598 42 31 31
    European Fortean Foundation            e-mail : henk at fortean.org

    To join ISOC.NL: http://www.isoc.nl