[Xerte] Media issue

A-P. Lian andrew.lian at andrewlian.com
Tue Oct 18 20:44:22 BST 2011

Hello everybody,

I am struggling a little bit with videos. I understand that the videos which
are playable through the online toolkits are .flv. However, the system does
not seem to recognise my flv files (usually converted from mpg or something
else). I really don't quite know what to do next. The only thing that I can
think of is that the files are too big. Or maybe the flv files have to be in
a special format (mine are the default files generated by the AVS video
converter or by the Swish suite of programs)???

Any help would be appreciated. The system seems to ignore them completely
and nothing appears on the pages and the media preview complains that no
file has been selected. It all seems to work ok with sound files.

Thanks once again.

Andrew
PS I have tried other formats too - but no result...

--
Professor Dr. Andrew Lian
School of English

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. (Anaïs Nin)
The universe is made up of stories, not atoms (Muriel Rukeyser)
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change
(Max Planck)