[Xerte] Re: Can't get export to work

Henk Klopping henk at fortean.org
Tue Oct 18 20:31:15 BST 2011

Julian Tenney wrote:
> OK, I just updated it...

Mm. Still not working: after installation and configuration I got a
blank screen. Some fast index comparisons shows that 'config.php' and
'bugfixes.txt' are missing from the archive - should they?

I tried to dig these 2 files up from an older version of the zip I still
have. That initially seemed to do the trick,  but when I subsequently
tried to create a new project after filling in the name of the project
and clicking the button [create project] nothing happened. When I leave
the field blank and press the button, the popup with the text "Sorry
that is not a valid name. Please use only letters and numbers" appears
(which seems to indicate that the javascript is working.. but something
else is not??

Also, I'm worried about the QA of the software: why are you updating the
actual current version (said to be stable as of 23rd of august 2011),
why isn't the version number updated and how come it was defect in the
first place? Why isn't there something like a MD5 sum or something like
that on the site?

Suuuomikkie vinnouuven,
--
    Henk Kloepping                         Voice  : +31 598 42 31 31
    European Fortean Foundation            e-mail : henk at fortean.org

    To join ISOC.NL: http://www.isoc.nl