[Xerte] Re: Gates closed after flash bolted

Pat Lockley patrick.lockley at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 4 10:37:34 BST 2011

Some interesting mobile links on android and windows (all from the
register, might include swear words)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/30/google_android_how_did_i_get_there/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/29/microsoft_extract_444m_android_payments/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/30/microsoft_advantage_over_google_android/

Interesting that microsoft makes half a billion from android. The OS
thing becomes complicated as BBM is very popular (over here), but
blackberry's aren't great.

Then you get into plugin land (see recent conversations on the BEAST
attack and firefox mulling turning Java off, and the awful way flash
works with Chrome), and the google wanting to replace javascript with
dart.

So ideally, you want content to work in as many ways as possible
(multiple players and exporters)