[Xerte] Re: Android App

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Oct 3 09:42:08 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm currently working on an android app, built using Xerte 3.0 (i.e. using the Flex SDK). It's pretty embryonic right now: the app loads up content from a xerte online toolkits installation, and renders it on the phone: I should have a rough prototype for people to start messing about with at the end of this week.

Tell me more about how you anticipate your app working? What will do / how will it work? Do you expect it to handle content made using Xerte Online Toolkits, or native Xerte rlo code?

It would make a nice project, and is do-able, depending on what you want to do.

One nice thing would be to develop a custom template, so that authors can create data for your app to consume: then you could do something custom...

Happy to help you develop your ideas,