[Xerte] Re: problem getting wizards to open

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 2 08:33:54 BST 2011

When you are using desktop Xerte can I recommend to you the following :

1. Create a separate folder for each Xerte project - it appeared to me from
watching your very rapid playing jing file that you had several .rlo files
in the same folder.
2. Create in that folder a folder called "pages".
3. Whenever you use a Page Wizard in that project you use the Xerte
dialogue, that opens when you select your Page Wizard, to create a folder
for that page in the "pages" folder.
4. When the prompt to open the Page Wizard is offered select "No".
5. Look at the properties for the new page you have created and examine the
templateData property, it should read something like FileLocation +
'pages/pageFolder/modelFileName.xml'

e.g. FileLocation + 'pages/001a/scenario.xml'

Where 001a was the folder I created for the page and scenario.xml was the
name of the xml file.

You can open the page's wizard form by double left clicking on the page icon
in the project tree.

Your problem is a direct result of Xerte not being able to locate the wizard
files for the page and will disappear if you follow some simple steps for
tidying up your project files. Every page wizard requires its own folder,
not shared with any other page wizard otherwise there is a risk that if you
create two pages using the same wizard that one xml data file would simply
over-write the other one.

Kind regards

Johnathan