[Xerte] Re: Android App v0.0002

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Nov 30 16:17:18 GMT 2011

OK, two versions: the one that uses the separate Air runtime
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/downloads/mobileXerte.apk

And one that has the runtime packed up in the installer
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/downloads/mobileXerteFull.apk

Also a new version of Xerte 3.0, built on Air 3.1 and Flex 4.6.
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/downloads/xerte3Beta.exe

and an updated, but not entirely up to date Mac version - Peter can you update your SDKs and build a new one please?
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/downloads/xerte3_installer.dmg<http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/downloads/xerte3Beta.exe>

The mobileXerteFull works on my phone - Ron, let me know what happens? Also, should we have two versions? I think so, because the runtime dependent one is MUCH smaller (1.7MB vs. 24MB) although I suspect for many users making the install as easy as possible would be advantageous. However, 1.7 MB is manageable on 3G, 24MB is asking a bit much...