[Xerte] Re: Remove Custom Cursor Outside of SWF

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Nov 24 13:22:15 GMT 2011

What event triggers this?

if (custom_cursor_mc._x>+530 || custom_cursor_mc._x<0) {
Mouse.show();
custom_cursor_mc.stopDrag();
//remove custom cursor
custom_cursor_mc.swapDepths(custom_cursor_mc._parent.getNextHighestDepth());
custom_cursor_mc.removeMovieClip();}

I am displaying some SWF's with a custom cursor in Xerte.  (Wizards, Text Flash SWF).  When the custom cursor moves outside of the Flash stage I want the ordinary cursor to reappear so students can move around the Xerte pages.  I tried the following code:

if (custom_cursor_mc._x>+530 || custom_cursor_mc._x<0) {
Mouse.show();
custom_cursor_mc.stopDrag();
//remove custom cursor
custom_cursor_mc.swapDepths(custom_cursor_mc._parent.getNextHighestDepth());
custom_cursor_mc.removeMovieClip();}

I have the code for the custom cursor in an onClipEvent on the cursor mc (yes I know Julian - try to keep the code in the timeline......):

onClipEvent (load) {
Mouse.hide();
}
onClipEvent (mouseMove) {