[Xerte] FW: Transfering XOT ownership

Alistair McNaught Alistair.McNaught at HEAcademy.ac.uk
Thu Nov 24 10:52:10 GMT 2011

I brought this across from the teachers list. I've come across the same thing myselfbut not worked out best way to do it.. What's the easiest way?

From: A list to facilitate and support teachers using Xerte Online Toolkits [mailto:XERTEFORTEACHERS at JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Ed I Bremner
Sent: 24 November 2011 10:29
To: XERTEFORTEACHERS at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Transfering XOT ownership

Dear All,

I have been working with a colleague (Marieke Guy at UKOLN) on making a set of XOT resources.

She is the original 'creator' for most of these and I am for the balance.

We have worked together on these by using the 'share' functionality, which has been fine.

But now we need to export the final finished resources.

It looks to us like this can only be done by the original 'creator', which is not always easy to do.

It would be easier now, if we could transfer 'ownership' of all modules to one person so they can be responsible for the export.

Is there any way of either exporting an XOT to which you are not the original 'creator' or alternatively to transfer ownership to another user so they can undertake the export.

Who would have these 'super-admin' rights?

Thanks

eib

Ed I Bremner
Research Officer
IMPACT - Improving Access to Text
UKOLN - University of Bath
e-mail:  e.bremner at ukoln.ac.uk
skype:   ed.bremner
twitter:  impactocr

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us. Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131