[Xerte] Re: how do I create Tables in XERTE pages

Thomas Rochford thomas.rochford at cambridge-serendipity.com
Tue Nov 8 22:31:47 GMT 2011

A couple of quick ideas

1) You can create the table in Excel and then use ALT-PrtSc to copy it to an
image editor and extract the section you want. You can then embed it into
the presentation as part of a media page.

2) You can always do it the hard old way. Try copying the data below into a
plain text page, it will look better when you preview it!

Here is some  Nutrition data for a range of popular apples

'----------------.-------.-----.-----'
|----------------+-------+-----+-----|
|Braeburn        |  43.2 | 1.6 |10.2 |
|----------------+-------+-----+-----|
|Cox             |  44.4 | 2.0 |10.4 |
|----------------+-------+-----+-----|
|Egremont Russet |  45.0 | 1.6 |10.6 |
|----------------+-------+-----+-----|
|Gala            |  43.9 | 1.3 |10.3 |
|----------------+-------+-----+-----|
|Pink Lady       |  44.5 | 1.6 |10.5 |
'----------------'-------'-----'-----'
This shows one way in which you can use a fixed font such as courier to
create the appearance of a table. You need to use a text editor such as
notepad++ to create the basic table, otherwise you will take ages to line up
the text

I guess you might be able to use print2flash as well. For some animated
examples you could capture some video using e.g. Captivate or make an
animated gif and convert that to flash (Animated gif images do not work in
Xerte - at least they didn't use to!)

Kindest Regards,
Thomas