[Xerte] Re: Moodle, scorm and Xerte (Tom Reijnders)

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Wed May 18 16:24:55 BST 2011

Hi Janine

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
[mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Janine Dantzie
Sent: 18 May 2011 15:22
To: Xerte discussion list
Subject: [Xerte] Re: Moodle, scorm and Xerte (Tom Reijnders)

Thanks Ron, I eventually found this earlier post.
I only downloaded Xerte last Friday, so I'm assuming it's a recent
version, and the XOT I used was the online one that you just log into.
As far as I can tell after a quick check the latest XOT and Xerte downloads
have apiwrapper.js named all lowercase so is it possible the online
installation you used was an older version? If it was the Techdis Sandpit
that should be fine but let me know if that was what you used?

So I changed the name of the apiwrapper file and that now works fine,
thanks.
Good.

I have more questions though! The quiz allows either the first or last
score to be tracked (SCORM) - what does that mean exactly? The users
first or last attempt is scored? Or the last question is scored? When I
tested it in Moodle, I scored 1/2 but Moodle tracking didn't give me a
score of 50 as I expected...?
As far as I understand it the first score option will only track the first
attempt whereas the last score option will track the last attempt.
There are various moodle options for how results are scored you may have to
try different options to get the scoring you require.

I found some youtube vids you posted so will watch those and hopefully
that will help also.
They may not. I still need to find time to record a 3rd screencast on this
particular topic and just haven't found time yet. I'll upload to youtube but
it will be easier to find via http://mitchellmedia.co.uk/xerte

Our team are really looking for a platform to churn out some LO's that
are Scorm compliant and can be used in Moodle, is it only the quiz that
can be tracked by Scorm?
You should see from Julian's reply to a similar question - yes at the moment
it's only the quiz that has any score/scorm tracking but developers can
obviously add tracking to other page types or bespoke content.

Janine