[Xerte] Re: Making more space in Categories (Page Wizards)

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Fri May 13 17:46:06 BST 2011

Hello Deborah,

If I remember correctly the issue of stacking the options was about before
they were dragged onto the targets. I think originally they were stacked
slightly offset from each other to give the visual appearance of a stack,
however when there were a lot of options they then drifted outside the page.

I can't recall (not a guarantee of accuracy with my memory :-) ) there being
a version of the page that stacked the dragged items on top of each other in
the target area.

At present I am up to my neck in reworking the page wizards so that the same
model files can be shared between Online toolkits and Page Templates and the
Page Wizards (including looking at the language issues) so unfortunately I
am not able to look at reworking this template to accommodate the volume of
items you want to have dragged. For now at least, you may be better
re-designing the interaction so that there are fewer options.

It may not be much consolation, but I think I can port the solution to auto
narration that Julian put in Page Templates into the Page Wizards so that
you will be able to have both auto narration and auto navigation to the next
page on completion of the narration being played as options in future Page
Wizards.

Kind regards

Johnathan