[Xerte] Re: Right to Left Text (Wizards)

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Mon May 9 12:27:55 BST 2011

I have to say this is something I have not had to deal with before.

I did a quick test using Google Translate to translate "Press Enter to
continue" into Hebrew

When I paste the translated text here it produces

הקש ENTER כדי להמשיך

Which is not how Google Translate displayed it, but it is also how it pastes
into a Xerte xwd based form. Just attempting to move the insertion point
left to right or right to left to select individual blocks of text is
difficult, so I can't even cut and paste the text into the correct sequence
as displayed in Google.

I have next to no experience of working in foreign language text, never-mind
text that uses a completely different alphabet and writes in the opposite
direction to English.

I am keen to add better support for foreign languages but this issue is
beyond my current expertise. Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Johnathan