[Xerte] Re: Xerte 2: MVC approach to displayed text

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Sun May 8 11:59:29 BST 2011

Jonathan, Julian,

What I would like to see, is take yet another step further, and make it
possible to have more than one language block in the xwd, rlm, xlm, and
make it possible to indicate which language should be used (with a
fallback to English if no other language is available, or the first one
available). The language selection should be possible from the url, and
possibly also from the user interface.

Not only the prompts, but even the data in the xlm. So users can create
multi-language quizzes. (for example in different Dutch dialects or the
two main Norwegian languages).

Not sure what that entails, but I am happy to help out if we can come up
with a unified way of handling that.

Tom

Op 6-5-2011 9:40, Julian Tenney schreef:

> If there are nodes in the xml that don't have corresponding nodes in
> the xwd, the wizard will just ignore them, but you'll still be able to
> fish them out using learningObject[0].pageName[0].language[0].prompt
> for example.
>
> Then you can have the language stuff in the xml, which is defined in
> the newNodes section of the xwd, or your initial xml file.
>
> I'll pack everything up later,

Tom Reijnders
TOR Informatica
Chopinlaan 27