[Xerte] Re: Xerte LO - xerte possibilities for psychology andsociology

Alistair McNaught Alistair.McNaught at HEAcademy.ac.uk
Fri May 6 15:04:15 BST 2011

Hi Andy

The text entry page with feedback is one of the templates created by Ron
Mitchell of Mitchellmedia. It is freely available to the community but
for technical reasons (I don't do coding so don't ask me what they are!)
I don't think it has been incorporated into the main Xerte build -
unless the latest release proves me wrong. The colours were tweaked by
the same guy when we uploaded our Xerte install but other than that one
page type everything else was off the shelf online toolkits.

Online toolkits is very powerful and I hope one of the things we showed
today was that while as a tutor you can't necessarily do everything you
might dream of doing you can do a great deal that looks fantastic in
very little time with very limited technical skills. As you get familiar
with the templates you also begin to see pedagogical opportunities you
wouldn't have thought of beforehand.

A commercial Flash developer could have taken weeks to develop today's
LO from scratch and would have charged handsomely. I have no coding
skills whatsoever and created it in half a day by copying, pasting and
browsing to files.

Alistair