[Xerte] Re: TTS Engines

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Tue May 3 14:53:44 BST 2011

Following on from my earlier postings on TTS attached is a zip file with a
few examples

These are
Opera speak - the TTS available using the Opera web browser
Paralink - web based application free to use with I think a 1000 character
limit
Festival - Open source software (I used the web based demo)

Off the three I think the best quality is the Paralink one, though the
Festival one is not too bad.

All were recorded directly from the browser using Audacity

Kind regards

Johnathan