[Xerte] Re: categories template in xerte online toolkits

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue May 3 11:54:52 BST 2011

OK, easy to get to this, but only enough room for one / maybe two lines of feedback. Better than no feedback, even if it does only say 'the correct answers are shown. Repeat the interaction if you'd like to.' I'll check this in, as it is an improvement.

There are number of problems. Measuring accurately will end up giving stuff away because there will be a drop zone only big enough for its correct entries. Adding more entries to that zone will obviously be wrong.

To really expound on the interaction, you need several lines of text, because you want to spell out the correct answer. I think in the original thinking it was important that the user arrived at the right answer, rather than was ever told, but that might have just been 'convenient' instructional design...

The user needs to be able to succeed. In this case maybe because the concepts were treated previously with instruction / information?
Or maybe because the interaction is asking the user to reflect on some preferences, where there are no right answers?